Wednesday, August 29, 2007

An introduction to All Things Consulting

Welcome to All Things Consulting. In our first post I would like to tell a bit about the goal of the blog and the structure of things to come. As any good consultant likes to bring structure to a client, I look at this blog the same way.

Goals
My goals for this blog are grandiose. I would like this to become a forum to teach new people about consulting, a place for current consultants to learn some new tricks, an area where managers can learn about their employees and their bosses and to provide a system to ask and answer questions.

Structure
First, I'm going to attempt to post on a daily basis. Rather than bore you with my daily thoughts or feelings I'm going to post about particular topics and things on a daily basis. I want this blog to be helpful, easy to read/understand and fun.

Posting schedule and topics:
Monday - Funday
Tuesday - Long-term topics, starting with Globalization
Wednesday - Question and Answer, Merger's Mailbag
Thursday - Onboarding
Friday - Consulting Topics, starting with What is Consulting?
Saturday & Sunday - Book Reviews

No comments: